[GE users] limit users * to slots=10

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Dec 21 13:08:48 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 20.12.2009 um 02:30 schrieb marvnoo9:

> Thanks for pointing out the use of '{}'.
> I had missed that distinction in my first reading.
>
> I understand that the "first match" wins ... but what happens if
> there is no match in an RQS?
> Will it fall back to the global maxujobs in the sconf configuration?

it should. Just try to confirm it ;-)

But you can also include a last rule in each RQS which matches all,
to have it defined at a central point (the {*} does this already
unless limited by queue or project).

BTW: Don't get confused between "slots" and "jobs". If you you want
to limit the number of jobs in an RQS (like maxujobs in the
scheduler), you have to define an additonal complex (named jobs for
sake of easiness, short jb) and set it consumable "JOB" with an
arbitrary high value set in `qconf -se global`, as the limit is in
the RQS.

-- Reuti