[GE users] SGE/6.2 and IBM x3950m2

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 23 12:54:52 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 22.12.2009 um 21:06 schrieb jbhoren:

> Has anyone implemented SGE/6.2 on a multi-node IBM x3950m2?
>
> If so, would you be willing to share your experiences and knowledge
> with us, so that we won't have to "reinvent the wheel"?

AFAICS it's a machine which should be able to run a stock Linux (I
checked IBM's website). The special thing is the connection of up to
four machines, which should then show up as one. Is there a special
cable between the enclosures (like the HiPPI interface on SGIs)? This
should be transparent to the OS. In `qhost` you would see just one
machine with 96 cores.

When you run Linux, the amd64 binaries should work fine too.

-- Reuti