[GE users] SGE/6.2 and IBM x3950m2

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:37:42 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 7:54 AM, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>> Has anyone implemented SGE/6.2 on a multi-node IBM x3950m2?

Never played with one myself... I went to the product launch event in
Toronto in March 2008 (the "System x with VMware Lunch Series" event),
and was introduced to the really cool multinode x64 servers!

> AFAICS it's a machine which should be able to run a stock Linux (I
> checked IBM's website). The special thing is the connection of up to
> four machines, which should then show up as one. Is there a special
> cable between the enclosures (like the HiPPI interface on SGIs)? This
> should be transparent to the OS.

BTW, this IBM RedBook is useful, "Planning, Installing, and Managing
the IBM System x3950 M2" , esp. Chapter 4. Multinode hardware
configurations:

> In `qhost` you would see just one machine with 96 cores.

If there is more than 1 Ethernet Interface enabled in the multinode
complex, you will need to config a "host_aliases":

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/multi_intrfcs.html

Rayson