[GE users] multiple jobs on a same node while other nodes are idle

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 16:02:28 GMT 2009

I think the default behavior is to dispatch jobs to different nodes.
Was the setting of your cluster changed on purpose so that jobs fill
up a node first before going to the next node??

Anyway...

There is the "queue_sort_method" parameter that controls whether jobs
are dispatched to different hosts (load) or fill up slots (seqno) --
see the description at:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/htmlman5/sched_conf.html?pathrev=V62u5_TAG

And also read this blog entry:
http://blogs.sun.com/sgrell/entry/grid_engine_scheduler_hacks_least