[GE users] multiple jobs on a same node while other nodes are idle

mlelstv mlelstv at serpens.de
Mon Dec 28 10:47:52 GMT 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 11:42:32AM -0800, gascan211 wrote:
> Thanks Daniel, Rayson
>
> I tried all the options you guys suggested, still behaving hosts fill up instead of least used fill up. I am attaching my scheduler config, may be you can suggest anything else.

Does this happen also, when you submit a new job only after the
previous job has been started? I.e. submit a job, wait until
it is running, submit the next job, etc...

With SGE6.2u1_1 I have seen some behaviour where jobs, that
are scheduled together, end on the same node but jobs that
are started in different scheduling intervals are sent to
different hosts (as it should be with the load based
queue sorting).

If that's true I suspect a bug in the way job_load_adjustments
are handled.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst