[GE users] multiple jobs on a same node while other nodes are idle

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Mon Dec 28 18:50:55 GMT 2009

I realized yesterday in the shower that I got my wires crossed when I
told you how to set the job load adjustments. :)  What I was trying to
say is that if it is set to NONE, then you get fill-up behavior.  If you
set it to something like np_load_avg=0.5, then you should see jobs
spread out across your hosts.  (I got job_load_adjustments mashed up
with load_report_time in my head, hence the 0:0:0 thing.)  What you have
now as your job_load_adjustments is equivalent to NONE, which would
explain the fill-up behavior.

So, just to be clear, you should have something like:

job_load_adjustments              np_load_avg=0.5

Daniel