[GE users] multiple jobs on a same node while other nodes are idle

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Mon Dec 28 18:57:56 GMT 2009

I really don't think we're talking about a bug here.  The behavior
described is consistent with choosing "high" or "max" as the scheduler
setting during installation.  I always recommend going with "normal" and
then tweaking it.  None of the choices are actually good, but I find
that normal needs the least tweaking.

The bug you're referring to occurs when multiple queues are involved and
only occasionally.  Off hand, I don't know the status of that issue.

Daniel