[GE users] What the ... default shell ... confusion

sgenedharvey sge at nedharvey.com
Wed Dec 30 15:27:29 GMT 2009

Actually, this is weird ?

I do this:
qsub -cwd -b y -j y -p -512 -V -S /bin/csh -q camb.q -o ${HOME}/gridout ps
And in the output, I see:
                csh
                ps

I do the same thing with bash instead:
                qsub -cwd -b y -j y -p -512 -V -S /bin/bash -q camb.q -o ${HOME}/gridout ps
And in the output, there is no bash:
                ps

The part that?s weird?  Even if I specify -S /bin/bash I see that bash never runs.  Is there maybe some sort of ?allowed shells? setting somewhere, that perhaps doesn?t include bash?  Why would SGE refuse to launch bash?