[GE users] Can we deploy our own cluster scheduling algorithm using sun grid engine ?

rahul8590 rahul8590 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:29:46 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM, templedf <dan.templeton at sun.com<mailto:dan.templeton at sun.com>> wrote:
The scheduling algorithm is technically pluggable, but it's a
compile-time operation.  The code for the scheduler (the pseudo-daemon
that runs the scheduling algorithm) is in daemons/schedd.  The code for
the scheduling algorithm is in libs/sched.

Daniel

Basically i sense that it vaguely supports  it. But can i check the time spent on executing a job in different infrastructure .
By different infrastructure i mean that initially setup cluster with 3 systems and then running the same job with more no of systems , by this i guess i can map the idle number of nodes required in a cluster for executing jobs keeping in mind the utilization of resources and the turn around time for the job.