[GE users] GE6.2 num_proc consumable strange behavior for mpi $fillup jobs

jlopez jlopez at cesga.es
Mon Feb 2 15:11:20 GMT 2009

> Don't request num_proc here:
>
> $ qsub -w v -l num_proc=4,s_vmem=512M,h_fsize=1G,s_rt=300 -pe mpi 4 -
> q 'sistemas at dn001' test.sh
>
> What behavior do you expect? You request 4 slots and there are 4 slots.
>

>> But node dn001 has only num_proc=4.
>>

> You mean you expect num_proc to be multiplied by 4?

Sorry, I think I did not explain correctly what I want: I want to limit
the total number of processors used by all the jobs running in a given
node to the number of processors in that given node.

In the example above I have a node with 4 processors so if a job
requesting "num_proc=4 and "-pe mpi 4" will consume 4x4=16 processors.
This would be an example of an hybrid mpi+openmp job.

In previous versions of GE we achieved this behavior defining num_proc
as a consumable.

Cheers,
Javier