[GE users] Resource Reservation Question

matbradford matthew.bradford at eds.com
Mon Feb 2 16:16:55 GMT 2009

Does anybody know of any issues with using Resource Reservation on a
large (>200 nodes) cluster, or with SGE6.2?
We are using SGE 6.2, scheduling cycle is set to 60s, the max
reservation is set to 10, monitoring is on, and there is a single queue
for accepting parallel jobs. When I submit a parallel job with "-R y"
and push the job to the top of the pending queue, I cannot see any
"RESERVING" messages in the schedule file. On another small cluster
using SGE6.0, I can see these "RESERVING" messages.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Mat Bradford