[GE users] Resource Reservation Question

roland roland.dittel at sun.com
Tue Feb 3 14:33:35 GMT 2009

Mat,

matbradford wrote:
> Roland,
>
> Thanks for the idea. I gave it a go, by setting the job requesting reservation to 600seconds, but still no mention of RESERVING in the schedule file.

The job requesting the reservation is one part, the second are the jobs
currently running. If these jobs do not have a h_rt request and your
default duration is INFINITY the resources used by these jobs are
blocked for further reservations. You have to set the default_duration
also to get a reservation.

Best regards
Roland