[GE users] How to set default env vars in SGE?

mhanby mhanby at uab.edu
Tue Feb 3 19:01:37 GMT 2009

Howdy,

We are trying to get our users to use the 'module load <module-name>'
system of configuring their environment within their job scripts.

In an effort to make this easier on them, is there a way for me to
configure SGE (6.1) so that all user jobs automatically source the
module env script:

/etc/profile.d/modules.csh
or for bash
/etc/profile.d/modules.sh

These files exist on all of the compute nodes and the SGE server.
Currently, I have instructed them to source the shell relevant modules
file in their job script, however most forget and end up with errors
stating that module isn't a valid command.

Thanks for any insight.

Mike