[GE users] qconf help to stderr in u2beta?

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Feb 3 19:59:57 GMT 2009

I just installed the u2 beta, and the first thing I did was qconf | head
-1 to make sure the files had unpacked properly.  Much to my surprise, I
got the full qconf help output.  Looks like the help output now goes to
stderr instead of stdout.  Is that intentional?  The qconf | head -1
thing is a really common way to check the version number (especially
since there's *still* no --version option), and breaking that will
probably break a lot of scripts.

Daniel