[GE users] qconf help to stderr in u2beta?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Feb 3 23:38:48 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 03.02.2009 um 21:11 schrieb dagru:

> Hi Dan,
>
> if a command is called not correctly
> then the help output is redirected to stderr (because it is a
> not defined switch). If it is called with -help it should be
> redirected
> to stdout (so this should work). Also consider the exit code should be
> different. I hope this is for all commands now the same -
> not like before - they differed heavily.

I agree with this. Maybe it's my personal programming style, as I
dislike to abuse commands with undefined behavior in certain cases -
this might break in the future, and it might be that some scripts are
affected by this now. All which used the longer way to specify -help,
will now get the reward.

-- Reuti