[GE users] Manually merging two accounting files?

jcolvin jcolvin at sfwmd.gov
Thu Feb 5 19:31:17 GMT 2009

Hello,

We had one 6.0u12 SGE installation, recently replaced (not upgraded) by
another running 6.2u1.

We still have the old data available from backups. I am wondering if I
can merge the accounting files

from both? It looks like overlap from identical job IDs would be the
only issue. If I sed the new accounting

file's job IDs to numbers greater than the old accounting file's job
IDs, and manually create a larger, unused

number in the new SGE's spool/qmaster/jobseqnum file, would this work?

I can launch multiple "qacct -f" queries to gather data from both and
merge them, but I'm wondering

if there's an easier way, by just manually merging the two backend
files?

Thanks!