[GE users] Enabling JMX on a 6.2 qmaster

victor73 vfelix at som.umaryland.edu
Thu Feb 5 20:46:52 GMT 2009

Andre,

Uncommented the last stanza in the java.policy file and restarted the
master. All the files in jmx are owned by our SGE admin user. Still get
exceptions in jgdi.stderr, however, the file grows extremely rapidly
once I connect with jconsole. I suppose that's to be expected due to the
increased log level. The topmost exceptions in the file (before
connecting with jconsole) are shown below. I also tried having ONLY the
last stanza in the java.policy file and discarding the rest, but that
didn't help much either... I'm trying to understand why the security
manager is preventing access when we've granted all permissions... Is
there some way of checking whether the java.policy file is being
honored?

-Victor

java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
        at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:1206)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.
java:272)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546
)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
        at java.lang.Thread.setContextClassLoader(Thread.java:1351)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.main(JGDIAgent.java:241)
access: domain 0 ProtectionDomain
(file:/usr/local/packages/sge6.2/lib/jgdi.jar <no signer certificates>)
 sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader at 558fe7c3
 <no principals>
 java.security.Permissions at 38a97b0b (
 (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
 (java.io.FilePermission /usr/local/packages/sge6.2/lib/jgdi.jar read)
)

access: access allowed (java.lang.RuntimePermission
setContextClassLoader)
java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
        at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:1206)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.
java:272)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546
)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1285)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:652)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.getSgeRoot(JGDIAgent.java:154)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.getJmxDir(JGDIAgent.java:173)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.startMBeanServer(JGDIAgent.java:1
06)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.run(JGDIAgent.java:192)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
access: domain 0 ProtectionDomain
(file:/usr/local/packages/sge6.2/lib/jgdi.jar <no signer certificates>)
 sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader at 558fe7c3
 <no principals>
 java.security.Permissions at 38a97b0b (
 (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
 (java.io.FilePermission /usr/local/packages/sge6.2/lib/jgdi.jar read)
)

access: access allowed (java.util.PropertyPermission
com.sun.grid.jgdi.sgeRoot read)
java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
        at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:1206)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.
java:272)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546
)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1285)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:652)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.getSgeCell(JGDIAgent.java:164)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.getJmxDir(JGDIAgent.java:173)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.startMBeanServer(JGDIAgent.java:1
06)
        at
com.sun.grid.jgdi.management.JGDIAgent.run(JGDIAgent.java:192)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
access: domain 0 ProtectionDomain
(file:/usr/local/packages/sge6.2/lib/jgdi.jar <no signer certificates>)
 sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader at 558fe7c3
 <no principals>
 java.security.Permissions at 38a97b0b (
 (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
 (java.io.FilePermission /usr/local/packages/sge6.2/lib/jgdi.jar read)
)

access: access allowed (java.util.PropertyPermission
com.sun.grid.jgdi.sgeCell read)