[GE users] priority

dangruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Fri Feb 6 18:00:56 GMT 2009

Tamara,

In the pending window, 0.55500 is the default priority that seems to
come up while 0.00000 is the priority that shows when you have jobs on
hold or are waiting with a dependency on other jobs.  In our case we
have jobs that load data into the local MySQL database on each node of
the cluster and then other jobs that take the data from the individual
nodes and consolidate it to a central MySQL server.  The consolidation
jobs have dependencies on the local load jobs and consolidation jobs
show a priority of 0.00000 until all of the local load jobs finish.

0.55500 seems like a strange number to me but I'm sure that there is
some formula for factoring together all of the Share Tree, Functional,
and Override criteria that comes up with this.  Perhaps someone else
remembers that formula.

Dan