[GE users] Memory quotas

davidecittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Tue Feb 10 15:22:40 GMT 2009

Hi, last mail, I swear, just to be sure I haven't missed anything :-)

> E.g.:
>
> - default in "qconf -mc": 5GB

$ qconf -sc | grep h_vmem
h_vmem              h_vmem     MEMORY      <=    YES
YES        4G       0

> - maximum limit in queue definition per slot: 40GB

$ for i in `qconf -sql`; do qconf -sq $i | grep h_vmem; done
h_vmem                40G
h_vmem                40G

> - Limit per node across all jobs on this particular node (either in
> exechost definition or as an RQS): 54GB
>
> - Limit in total per user across all of his jobs in an RQS: 100 GB

$ qconf -srqs MemoryQuota
{
    name         MemoryQuota
    description  Memory quota for users. Nobody can use more than 100
Gb RAM \
    and no more than 50 Gb per host
    enabled      TRUE
    limit        hosts {*} to h_vmem=50G
    limit        users {*} to h_vmem=100G
}

If I've done things right each user submit a job and 4 Gb RAM are
given as max ram available for that job. Plus each host has at maximum
50 Gb available to run jobs and each user has at max 100 Gb RAM all
over the cluster... Now I've lost why I've set h_vmem=40G in queue
definition... Doesn't that mean that each queue has at max 40 Gb RAM
available? Isn't this in conflict with limit set in RQS?

Davide Cittaro
davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it