[GE users] running python script as a job on windows

juby justin.ottley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 21:17:51 GMT 2009

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the reply - I had known about SGE_Helper_Service.exe but
wasnt exactly sure what it was. It looks like the problem was as you had
suggested - a site specific issue with the way python was installed for
windows, where it couldn't find required dlls that are typically in the
PATH.
In future ill utilize SGE_Helper_Service for diagnosing these kinds of
problems.

Im not using the Interix built python, although I am hoping to switch to
it (I imagine interix-python would see the posix style filesystem, which
would simplify things for cross-platform submissions).

-justin