[GE users] sge db experiences

adary adary at marvell.com
Wed Feb 11 14:27:21 GMT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to hear about your experiences with the internal database, and what would you recommend for a cluster with 700+ exec hosts, bdb or classic text files (no bdb server in any case)

Right now I have two clusters that will join to a single master soon, and since I'm also upgrading to 6.2 this is a good time to rethink the db strategy.

Currently I have flat file bdb on both clusters (nfs4 mounted so I can use shadow servers)

Both clusters run over 5k jobs per day.

Would using plain text have any advantages?

Yuval Adar, Marvell Israel - Senior UNIX System Administrator
Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
Email: adary at marvell.com<mailto:adary at marvell.com>
Office: +972.3.9703958 - OnNet: 705.3958
Fax: +972.3.9704999
Mobile: +972.54.2493958
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.