[GE users] Restarting the master server - How to and what about jobs?

srhadden brian.fleming at tellabs.com
Wed Feb 11 21:06:58 GMT 2009

I am running solaris v6.0u3 I believe.

Our master server processes are consuming 50% cpu and I want to restart them to clear whatever is causing this.

1. How do I restart the master server? I was going to simply run stop/start from the login startup file on solaris /etc/init.d/sgemaster softstop then "start".  Is this the proper way?

2. What happens to current and pending jobs? I would prefer not to lose them.

3. Should I disable the grid before I do the restart? If so, how?

Thank you very much for any guidance. I am a new user, as you can tell.