[GE users] strange error regarding x11-qlogin

davidecittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Thu Feb 12 10:34:32 GMT 2009

Hi all,
I have a strange error regarding X11 forwarding and Tcl applications.
I connect to the master host enabling X forwarding.
If I connect to an exec host (from the master) with ssh and start
bltwish everything works.
If I connect to an exec host with qlogin I have this:

$ bltwish
Tcl_InitNotifier: unable to start notifier thread
Aborted

$ qconf -sconf | grep qlogin
qlogin_command               /opt/sge/util/qlogin_wrapper.sh
qlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i

and

$ cat /opt/sge/util/qlogin_wrapper.sh
#!/bin/sh
HOST=$1
PORT=$2
/usr/bin/ssh -p $PORT $HOST

also, in my /etc/ssh/ssh_config I have:

    ForwardX11 yes
    ForwardX11trusted yes

So that ssh every ssh should enable x11 forwarding without specifying
in the command line...
This apparently happens only for Tcl/tk apps, so it may be a Tcl
related issue, but sounds strange to me that it happens only with
qlogin sessions... any hint?

Davide Cittaro
davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it