[GE users] strange error regarding x11-qlogin

davidecittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Thu Feb 12 10:52:31 GMT 2009

Hi again!
On Feb 12, 2009, at 11:43 AM, davidecittaro wrote:

> Hi again
>
> On Feb 12, 2009, at 11:34 AM, davidecittaro wrote:
>>
>> $ cat /opt/sge/util/qlogin_wrapper.sh
>> #!/bin/sh
>> HOST=$1
>> PORT=$2
>> /usr/bin/ssh -p $PORT $HOST
>
> It figures out that changing the wrapper excluding the port number
> (hence ssh $HOST only) works.
> Is the port specification important to qlogin?

First I would like to give me an answer: the port is somehow
important. If I don't specify it, there's no track of my interactive
job...
BTW, I've googled a bit and found this:

http://osdir.com/ml/clustering.gridengine.users/2007-09/msg00358.html

I've then set to INFINITY my h_vmem in login.q definition and
everything now works again (it has been set to 40G just two days ago!).

Davide Cittaro
davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it