[GE users] interesting bug

adary adary at marvell.com
Thu Feb 12 12:40:18 GMT 2009

I just found something in my configuration that I can only explain as bug in 6.1u3:

I used the projects property in a queue to limit certain queue instances to certain projects.

In a queue that doesn't have instances on certain hosts, I added the same rule:

projects    NONE,[@layout_hosts = layout ]

in this case it created the queue instace for that queue on the two hosts that are in @layout_hosts and now I cant find a way to remove that queue instance. It gave it the default number of slots defined for that queue - 4

anyone else experienced this?

Yuval Adar, Marvell Israel - Senior UNIX System Administrator
Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
Email: adary at marvell.com<mailto:adary at marvell.com>
Office: +972.3.9703958 - OnNet: 705.3958
Fax: +972.3.9704999
Mobile: +972.54.2493958
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.


To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].

More information about the gridengine-users mailing list