[GE users] interesting bug

adary adary at marvell.com
Thu Feb 12 13:44:23 GMT 2009

This is what I get in qhost -h lnx200 -q :

[151]~> qhost -h lnx200 -q
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO  SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -       -       -
lnx200                  lx24-amd64     16  3.96  125.8G   53.8G  192.0G     0.0
   admin                BIP   0/1
   direct               BIP   0/10
   all.q                BP    0/16
   bulk                 BP    0/12
   heavy                BIP   8/16
   ns_bulk              BIP   0/4      d

this host lnx200 belongs to a hostgroup called @RHEL4-128-16-4 and @layout hosts

for queues:

heavy :

[152]~> qconf -sq heavy
qname                 heavy
hostlist              @RHEL4-128-16-4 @RHEL4-128-8-3 @RHEL4-128-8-4 \
                      @RHEL4-16-4-3 @RHEL4-24-4-3 @RHEL4-32-4-3 @RHEL4-32-4-4 \
                      @RHEL4-4-4-3 @RHEL4-4-4-4 @RHEL4-64-8-3 @RHEL4-8-4-3

ns_bulk :

[153]~> qconf -sq ns_bulk
qname                 ns_bulk
hostlist              @RHEL4-16-2-2 @RHEL4-16-4-2 @RHEL4-32-4-2 @RHEL4-4-1-2 \
                      @RHEL4-4-2-2 @RHEL4-4-4-2 @RHEL4-6-2-2 @RHEL4-64-4-2 \
                      @RHEL4-64-8-2 @RHEL4-8-2-1 @RHEL4-8-2-2 @RHEL4-8-4-2

As you can see, the hostgroup @RHEL4-128-16-4 is only in the hostlist of the heavy queue. Both heavy and ns_bulk are high priority queues, and we don?t have a single host in the cluster that belongs to both of these queues

After I did the project reservation in the heavy queue :

projects              NONE,[@layout_hosts=layout]

I did the same for ns_bulk since I wanted to prepare for future, since I might have a host that belongs to ns_bulk queue that will also need the same type of reservation.

After I did this, the queue instance appeared on the hosts that were supposed to be only in the heavy queue, and not in the ns_bulk queue (that?s the reason I disabled that queue instance in the example above)

Even after I removed the project reservation in the ns_bulk queue, the queue instances remained on the two hosts in @layout_hosts group and I cant remove them.

________________________________

Yuval Adar, Marvell Israel - Senior UNIX System Administrator
Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
Email: adary at marvell.com
Office: +972.3.9703958 - OnNet: 705.3958
Fax: +972.3.9704999
Mobile: +972.54.2493958
Web site: http://www.marvell.com

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.