[GE users] qstat/qacct

yacc143 andreas at kostyrka.org
Thu Feb 12 16:16:34 GMT 2009

Hi!

I wondered if there is some way to query the status of submitted jobs?

I've been doing a qstat -j JOBID (that would yield the job if it's
running or pending or failed to start), and a qacct -j JOBNAME to figure
out the exit status of the jobs.

The above has proven to be too slow (it works fine for hundreds of jobs
but breaks miserably when scaled to 20000 qsubs :( ).

Now I'm using a trick in making the submitted job log it's start time
and end time/exit status, but that's quite dirty.

So what's the correct way to track a job from submission till "exit
status", for a potentially quite large collection of jobs?

TIA,

Andreas