[GE users] qstat/qacct

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Feb 12 16:44:00 GMT 2009

You can directly process the accounting file yourself for bulk
analysis of completed jobs or slurp the file into a simple SQL
database. The SGE ARCo system can do this on a larger scale. I've
personally written perl scripts in the past that took the accounting
file and stuffed it into a simple mysql database.

One of the best "full SGE life cycle" implementations I've ever seen
did this:

- Global prolog scripts perform an SQL insert on a central database
for all newly dispatched jobs, capturing significant info about the
job environment
- Global epilog script also does an SQL update to log exit code and
resource consumption data

Using the prolog/epilog hooks let this group build a custom system
that  tracked the full life cycle of each job. More importantly
though, enough data was captured that the group could resubmit and
repeat any job if needed in *exactly* the same way it was run/
submitted previously.

-Chris