[GE users] Gridengine Scheduler hints?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Feb 16 11:13:03 GMT 2009

Am 16.02.2009 um 10:57 schrieb soyez:

> Sorry - not "-h" but "-q" of course....
>

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, soyez wrote:
>
>> A: Two queues and sequence numbers in opposite directions.
>> B: One queue and "qsub -soft -h \*@<hostgroup>".

Yes, this will work.

Small addition: the hostgroup you would have to enter as "*@@mygroup"
which is a little bit lengthy. I would suggest to attach a boolean
complex like "bigio" to both queues - one time TRUE, one time FALSE.
The default request could be coded in the "$SGE_ROOT/default/common/
sge_request" being "-l bigio=FALSE".

This means, only the IO itensive jobs must request "-l
bigio" (boolean complexes have a default of TRUE when no value is
specified).

-- Reuti