[GE users] SSH and host keys

crhea crhea at mayo.edu
Mon Feb 16 19:36:02 GMT 2009

I'm missing something here...

Right now, I'm using RSH between the nodes. I have /root/.rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv set up to allow passwordless RSH.

We've run into the issue of rsh reaching a number of ports limit (discussed elsewhere in the SGE forums) and I'd like to look at running SSH. I understand your ssh_known_hosts script, but I'm unclear what system(s) this file needs to be populated-- The master? The exec hosts? The submission hosts?  Is this done for root only, or do I need to pre-load something for
all user accounts too?

I'm not understanding what hosts need to trust what...

Thanks-

--- Cris