[GE users] bsub options in qsub

dougalb dougal.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:47:23 GMT 2009

Hi,

We are migrating a large user base from LSF6.1 HPC to GE. Two features that are heavily used and I have been unable to replicate are exclusive requests and span/ptile.

Under LSF users can submit a job using bsub -x and the node their job will be started on will be exclusive to them.

Secondly users can submit a resource requirement to only assign 2 procs per node even though nodes have more procs available. e.g. bsub -x -n 8 -R "span[ptile=2]". This is done because some jobs are very IO intensive and max out the local disk throughput and therefore can only run a limited number per of jobs per node.
We are running GE6.2u1. Is there a way to do this?

Kind regards,

Dougal Ballantyne
Axon ITC