[GE users] bsub options in qsub

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Feb 16 20:17:12 GMT 2009

For what you are talking about (exclusive access to systems or
allowing users to consume more than 1 slot/cpu per task) the most
common implementation I've seen involves using Grid Engine parallel
environment objects in clever ways. This was written up in the past
over here:

http://gridengine.info/2005/09/22/allowing-user-jobs-to-take-over-entire-nodes

The "threaded PE" model can be used for both of your examples --
letting someone get full use of a system or letting someone "consume"
what is effectively more than one CPU/jobslot for a single task.

As a random side note I know of a group that will be running an LSF-to-
SGE migration workshop in mid-March of this year in California. Once I
get the full workshop details I'll post them.

-Chris