[GE users] qhost MEMUSE

futuritymmx neil.baker at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 17:14:26 GMT 2009

Yes we are experiencing jobs not being able to reserve memory.  At such
times the physical and swap memory appears to have been totally used up.

Thanks to your last response about the difference between "free -m" value
and "qhost" value, it appears that when there is free memory it may be used
by buffers and caches, but when the processes require all the memory that
these buffers and caches disappear as expected.

I'm just trying to track down which users are submitting the largest memory
jobs so that they can provide accurate "vf" values to qsub.  As you say, you
have to track down the sum of all the memory usage by all the process
created by each job.

Scary task!

Neil