[GE users] SGE on SGI IA 64 Linux 2.4, glibc 2.2

skhan skhan at ap.smu.ca
Tue Feb 17 18:28:19 GMT 2009

Hi reuti,

$SGE_ROOT is the local directory /opt/sge, and I am running the installation as root. In the installation config, ADMIN_USER="root".

As you may see from my reply to andy, SPOOLING_METHOD="berkeleydb" is causing the problem; and the error message I see in the installation log file is given below.

As for the directory and permissions, I hope this shows that there is no problem with /tmp.

$ ls -al / | grep tmp
drwxrwxrwt   29 root     root         4096 Feb 17 14:15 tmp

$ ls -al /tmp/configuration
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1468 Feb 17 14:13 /tmp/configuration

= Serge

*******

Using >none< as ADMIN_MAIL.
./inst_sge: line 6: 10464 Segmentation fault      $*

Command failed: ./utilbin/ulx24-ia64/spooldefaults configuration /tmp/configuration

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

Command failed: /tmp/configuration./utilbin/ulx24-ia64/spooldefaultsconfiguration