[GE users] SGE on SGI IA 64 Linux 2.4, glibc 2.2

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 21:27:06 GMT 2009

Serge,

"spooldefaults" calls the Berkeley DB routines, so I suspect that Berkeley DB segmentation faults on your IA64 installation.

If you know how to use gdb, you can run "spooldefaults" under it and find out what's really going on. Otherwise, don't spend too much time on enabling Berkeley DB as many people on this list agree that classic spooling works for most installations and Berkeley DB won't make a big difference in most small to medium size clusters.

 -Ron