[GE users] 1-day SGE admin workshop in Santa Clara, CA on March 18th 2009

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Feb 18 15:55:20 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

Have to put on my corporate/commercial hat for which I apologize but
it really is on-topic for this list.  UnivaUD is hosting 2 workshops
next month in Santa Clara, California - one of the events is an "LSF
to SGE Migration" workshop and the day after that they have invited me
to do a 1-day workshop on Grid Engine Administration.

I'll keep the details off of the list, email me directly if you have
questions. Full information is available on gridengine.info:

http://gridengine.info/2009/02/18/lsf-migration-sge-admin-workshop-announcement

I'm really interested in doing user and admin-centric SGE sessions and
it will be interesting to collapse the 2-day workshop down into 1 day.
If that works out well I may have a good set of material that could be
delivered remotely via Webex or Yugma.com style screen sharing /
remote meeting technologies without boring people to death. I suspect
there may be a larger interest for custom or local training that does
not require offsite travel. I failed last year to expand the workshops
beyond the traditional 1-2 public events offered annually. I hope to
do more in '09.

-Chris