[GE users] Waking up hosts when needed

opoplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Feb 18 18:42:30 GMT 2009

This is a script that I run here to wake up compute machines when
needed.  We have our nodes configured to power off when not in use and
this script wakes them up when there are waiting jobs.  Currently on
each run it only wakes up one machine at a time.  It is run every 2 minutes.

The only other needed piece is the "wakeup" script.  This basically has
a list of MAC addrs for the hostnames and run ether-wake to wake the
appropriate machine.

Hopefully someone else will find it useful.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com