[GE users] Waking up hosts when needed

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:25:21 GMT 2009

Brian,

There are scripts that power on and off nodes in a Grid Engine
cluster, and they use IPMI (via the Python IPMI module):

http://code.google.com/p/rocks-solid/wiki/PowerSaveAlgorithm
http://code.google.com/p/rocks-solid/source/browse/#svn/trunk/rocks_solid/power

But of course the decision does not take resource requirements into
consideraton when picking which nodes to power on/off...

Rayson