[GE users] FW: installing JDBC for MySQL

aja alena.plestilova at sun.com
Fri Feb 20 14:07:48 GMT 2009

tamara wrote:
> hi
>
> I guess you use the package system provided by your operating system to
> install it, so after installation just find out where exactly is the jar
> file located, and for ARCo copy this driver to $SGE_ROOT/dbwriter/lib
> and $SGE_ROOT/reporting/WEB-INF/
> lib directories.
>
> i downloaded the package and extracted it but i don't know how to
> install, i can't install it from package.tar.gz directly (double click
> on the package will only open it) and when i extracted it i couldn't
> find any istallation file
>
> so how can i possibly install it?

Copy a ??.jar file of the extracted package to the mentioned
directories. I don't know exactly the name of the file, but it can be
something like mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar.
I believe you will recognize it.
It will work, however rather make sure you use the same version of
connector as the version of your database.

aja

--
aja && sun
e-mail: aja at sun.com