[GE users] SGE 6.5 Scheduler Query--Reference

veerendra_n veerendra at yashasvi.co.in
Sun Feb 22 05:44:34 GMT 2009

Reuti,

The jobs that are run are typical ASIC design jobs (Layout and verification
jobs) and each of these jobs requires a license. I'm not sure if I have
stated the requirement.

1. We will have a short queue (short.q) configured which will have 5 slots
and configure a time limit for 5 min (a soft limit)
2. If we have run 5 jobs all the 5 jobs would have occupied the queue. Now
if we fire a 6th job if any of the jobs which has taken more than 5 min
should be put on hold and the 6th job should be executed.

How to automatically do it? As suggested by you how to use a co-scheduler?
Do you have a sample of how to implement check point?

I need some help....