[GE users] SGE Configuration

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Feb 23 21:01:14 GMT 2009

Am 23.02.2009 um 21:21 schrieb prentice:

> reuti wrote:
>>
>> The usual way is to make either:
>>
>> - h_vmem or virtual_free consumable and attach a default request in
>> the complex configuration
>>

> Is it possible to define a default request value for a complex on a
> per-queue or per-pe basis? That would make my current exclusive
> node use
> dilemma much easier for the users. I'm sure I could think of a
> couple of
> other examples where this could be useful, if you really forced me to.

No. Even with the upcoming JSV you would have to specify at least the
queue to add a proper default in the JSV. Submitting a job and apply
the default after the queue is already selected is not possible. But
I'm also not sure, whether this would be useful. The job would get
different conditions, depending where it ends up. Often it's the way
to specify resource requests and SGE will select a queue which
matches these requirements.

More likely you can implement it according to the requested PE in the
JSV and attach the default request therein.

-- Reuti