[GE users] resource quota for number of hosts

yarmond yarmond at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:30:07 GMT 2009

I have a cluster where a number of users submit jobs that require a large amount of memory or scratch disk space, such that the jobs effectively require exclusive access to a node, despite using only 1 of 8 slots. I would like to establish limits such that each user could only have jobs running on a certain number of hosts, so that jobs that use many slots on the same host are not at a disadvantage. How can I configure a resource quotas to do this?

Alternatively, is there a way to specify an  resource quota that would be based on the combined resource requirements of a job?