[GE users] Errors after setting h_vmem to 16G and consumable

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Mon Feb 23 21:59:46 GMT 2009

I set h_vmem to 16G on all of my execution hosts like this:

for i in $(seq -w 64); do qconf -mattr exechost complex_values
h_vmem=16G node${i}; done

looking at the hosts in qmon shows that this worked. I then set h_vmem
to be consumable using qmon, with a default of 2G:

qconf -sc | grep h_vmem

qconf -sc | grep h_vmem
h_vmem              h_vmem     MEMORY      <=    YES         YES
2G       0

Now when I submit a job, it runs briefly (I have sleep statements, so
the program should run for at least 90 seconds), and then the state goes
to 'dr'. All the output files are empty.

Here's my job submission script:

#!/bin/bash
#$ -N mpihello
#$ -pe orte 2
#$ -l h_vmem=8G
#$ -cwd
#$ -V
#$ -R y

MPI=/usr/local/openmpi/pgi/x86_64
PATH=${MPI}/bin:${PATH}
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${MPI}/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

mpirun ./mpihello

Any ideas?

When I remove the '-l h_vmem=8G' line from the submit script, the job
just seems to hang indefinitely in the run state. Any ideas?

--
Prentice