[GE users] mysql directory

rems0 Richard.Ems at cape-horn-eng.com
Tue Feb 24 16:21:40 GMT 2009

tamara wrote:
> hi,
>
> i installed mysql successfully but I'm not sure about the exact directory
> so i just want to know one or more files that are important to exsist in
> the mysql main directory
> like for example i have mysql that contains: mysql.server file
> and another mysql contains: mysql.sock file + db directories
> so how can i find which one?

If I remember it right, you use openSuSE, so you should use the rpm
command to check your installed packages. I suppose you installed the
packages from your openSuSE distribution, didn't you?

rpm -qa | grep mysql

will list all packages with mysql in their names.
If you installed the openSUSE packages you should get something similar to:
libmysqlclient15-5.0.67-12.15
mysql-client-5.0.67-12.15
libqt4-sql-mysql-4.4.3-40.1
libmysqlclient_r15-5.0.67-12.15
libgda-3_0-mysql-3.1.2-82.37
mysql-5.0.67-12.15

(this is on openSuSE 11.1).

rpm -qil mysql

will show a package description and list all files in the mysql package,
this is the server package.

rpm -qil mysql-client

will show a package description and list all files in the mysql-client
package.

Check " man rpm " for more rpm magic.

Richard

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems at Cape-Horn-Eng.com

Cape Horn Engineering S.L.
C/ Dr. J.J. Dómine 1, 5? piso
46011 Valencia
Tel : +34 96 3242923 / Fax 924