[GE users] FW: mysql directory

tamara sgesystem at live.com
Tue Feb 24 16:49:08 GMT 2009

If I remember it right, you use openSuSE, so you should use the rpm
command to check your installed packages. I suppose you installed the
packages from your openSuSE distribution, didn't you?

rpm -qa | grep mysql

will list all packages with mysql in their names.
If you installed the openSUSE packages you should get something similar to:
libmysqlclient15-5.0.67-12.15
mysql-client-5.0.67-12.15
libqt4-sql-mysql-4.4.3-40.1
libmysqlclient_r15-5.0.67-12.
15
libgda-3_0-mysql-3.1.2-82.37
mysql-5.0.67-12.15

(this is on openSuSE 11.1).

rpm -qil mysql

will show a package description and list all files in the mysql package,
this is the server package.

rpm -qil mysql-client

will show a package description and list all files in the mysql-client
package.

Check " man rpm " for more rpm magic.

Richard

i used the command that you gave me but i didn't get the same output:

# rpm -qa | grep mysql
mysql-connector-java-manual-5.1.6-1.44
mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-1.44
mysql-connector-java-javadoc-5.1.6-1.44

# rpm -qil mysql
package mysql is not installed

# rpm -qil mysql-client
package mysql-client is not installed

and when i checked th packages from yast-> software manager all the packages were there:

mysql-client-community-5.0.77-0.sles10
mysql-server-community-5.0.77-0.sles10
mysql-connector-java-community-5.1.6-1.44
mysql-test-community-5.0.77-0.sles10

and now i found that mysqld.pid (that should be next to mysql.sock in mysql dir) is not there

regards,
tamara