[GE users] 1-day SGE admin workshop in Santa Clara, CA on March 18th 2009

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 18:45:33 GMT 2009

Agreed! SGE is easy to install, and there is also the GUI installer in the new SGE 6.2 update 2 release.

Kasturi, what features of LSF do your clusters use? Most LSF features are supported in SGE, but the way to accomplish them are sometimes different.

And related to migration: Rayson mentioned that "you can then move machines one by one from the LSF cluster to the SGE cluster". Note that it applies to migration that moves a few machines per day (ideal for working "part-time" on the migration project) yet keeps both clusters running, and without having both SGE and LSF jobs running on the same machine.

However, there are many other ways to migrate to SGE. If you can provide more information, we can work on the details.

 -Ron