[GE users] SSH and host keys

crhea crhea at mayo.edu
Tue Feb 24 19:07:44 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 04:12:04PM +0100, murple wrote:
> > No, we have dedicated cluster nodes on a private network... the switch
> > from rsh to ssh is being driven by a known issue with Solexa Pipeline
> > code (that runs out of ports/ptys if you use rsh).
>
> Since we are also running Solexa Pipeline I like to know more about this
> error. You're talking about the GAPipeline, right? What triggers this
> bug?
>
> Andreas

This is the error one sees:

	rcmd: socket: All ports in use

------------------------------------
qsub -q 1-day -cwd -v PATH -pe make 1-8 ~/GAPipelineParallel.sh

The GApipelineParallel.sh file contains the following:

#!/bin/sh
qmake -q 1g-mem -cwd -v PATH -inherit -- recursive

See this reference-- 1/4 way down the page under Distributed make / Sun Grid Engine...

http://analysis.yellowcouch.org/dsf/ga0.3/Pipeline%20parallelisation.html

 Cristopher J. Rhea
 Mayo Clinic - Research Computing Facility
 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905
 crhea at Mayo.EDU
 (507) 284-0587