[GE users] SGE Configuration

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Feb 25 12:25:42 GMT 2009

Hi Mark,

Am 25.02.2009 um 12:44 schrieb ms:

> Hello Reuti, Hello *
>
> Thank you, for your response.
>
> Is there a way to overwrite default values with a queue configuration?
>
> e.g.: complex value called license, default=1, so every job has to
> acquire one license.
> On the other hand, there should be a separate queue, that doesn't
> need any license.
>
> On Queue-base I tested it with complex_values license=0, but it
> seems not to work that way.

this is the declaration of the available amount of "licenses" per
queue instance - this is not what you want.

As the resource requests are used for scheduling (i.e. selecting a
queue), a job not requesting this license could end up in any queue.
There is no lower limit in the RQS right now, which would grant
access to certain queues, PEs,... only when at 1 or more licenses are
requested.

But you can wait for 6.2u2. There will be a JSV (job-submission-
verifier), which you could program either to add a resource request
of a license when the user specifies a special queue as request, or
add a hard queue list depending whether the user requests a license
or not.

-- Reuti