[GE users] This ssh vs. builtin business

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Feb 25 15:59:14 GMT 2009

Hiho,

Am 25.02.2009 um 15:54 schrieb murple:

> I have a cluster setup with GE 6.2 using builtin qlogin etc.
> If I understand right to use X11 forwarding I need to switch to a ssh
> based setup. Can I do this for qsh only?

no. qsh is a special tool, which will just start an xterm on the node
(in detail: the defined program in SGE's configuration under "xterm")
- nothing more, especially nothing on the submit machine:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?
dsMessageId=65347&dsForumId=38

For now best to use is "qrsh xterm" with enabled ssh's X11
forwarding. Maybe the "builtin" method for starting jobs will be
enhanced to provide this facility at a later point in time, as there
are several requests for it.

-- Reuti