[GE users] GPFS directory for SGE_HOME

isakrejda isakrejda at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 25 21:19:14 GMT 2009

Hi,

What is the GPFS version that you are running? We have 3.2.1-8.
I'd say it (almost) all depends on the hardware. Ours is not that great
(for the cluster where SGE runs). If you run GPFS you probably know
what are the consequences of GPFS going away (node expelled), so sge
on the batch nodes suffers then too. In earlier releases of GPFS it used
to be
much worse, but right now I do not see any SGE-specific issues
and the master itself is holding up well.

We do not do the berkeleydb spool, but for reasons unrelated to the
filesystem.

Iwona